3.28.2012

Another Day, Another cold!

This morning I woke up much like every other morning...annoyed at the alarm and my bladder. Do you ever find that your bladder wakes you up when you only have 10-20 minutes left of sleep? It's like C'mon! Really?? You can't just wait to wake me up until the annoying alarm buzzes a million times? As I lay there trying to ignore the ever growing urge to pee, I realized that my mouth was all dried out and my lips had that nasty crusty film over them. Ewww! It was right then and there that I knew today I am going to be grumpy. Sure enough I sat up and one of my nose holes started dripping snot and the other one was so plugged that no air was coming in or out. I just got over a cold at the end of last week and granted we are coming to the end of this week, but I do not feel the need for this at all. I love that our weather has been so mild and believe me I appreciate the early spring like WHOA but going from 70 degrees to 30 degrees in a matter of 12 hours makes my body freak out! Alot of people are telling me that this could be allergies and I kind of hope it is. So far nothing has helped me be able to breath better. I took some Sudafed and a Zinc tablet and then some Airborne or whatever it's called. I think it may be worse after all of that LOL. Around 12pm I texted my husband trying t get some sympathy and ask him to take care of me and  the response I get is grim: "but babe tonight I wanted to go ride my bike" so I resorted to whining because for once I had to have my own way. I also cut him a deal. "Be home by eight to take care of me and you will not die". That actually seemed to do the trick. I currently cannot breathe through either of my nasal passages and so I am siytting at work with my mouth slightly open trying to circulate some air. I am not gonna sugar coat it when I say that I want to ask God why he designed a part of the body that allows us to breathe but then it turn can get swollen and stuffy and not work. Why not just let us use our mouths to breathe and let us talk out of our ears? I know each body part has a function that is a part of God's great plan but hey my mouth was not meant to be open all  day long. My throat is so dried out right now and even drinking tea is not changing anything. I am considering shoving needles up my nose to make air ways up there, of course then there is the whole bleeding issue...  My current plan is to head home right after I am done working/ infecting the office with my disease, and go lay on my couch. Also I will be cleaning up some dishes unless Mark did them...yeah I will be doing some dishes. Oh I have another thought! Why dont they make napquil. If I take Dayquil it doesn't touch my symptoms. If I take Nyquil it takes me the whole eights hours plus to get rid of that sleepy groggy feeling. How bout something so that when I wanna go home and take a nap without feeling like this I can pop some napquil. It can last like 1 to 3 hours instead of 4 to 6! Yay me! Maybe I should look into getting a pantent on that ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment