10.06.2011

Someday My Prince Will Come????

I believe there is a point in a girl's life where she really and truly expects to be swept off her feet by a prince on a white horse. As she gets older and sees how the real world works maybe she doesn't expect a prince, rather a financially well off handsome guy. Maybe she doesn't really think he will carry her off on a white stallion...unless you're counting the mustang he should be driving ;)However there is still that pipe dream of having someone amazing in every way. He is going to treat you like a queen, and he is going to have money, and he is gonna love your parents! Whatever you picture as the perfect man is what you wait in hope for. Then you get old enough to realize that even those dreams can be far off or seem impossible. You may date some losers that forever ruin your opinion of the male population. Just keep in mind they are speed bumps in the road to happily ever after but they are not road blocks!!! Believe me I know. At one point in time my very own prince charming was more of a speed bump than anything. I do realize now that biggest speed bump I dealt with was me. I allowed for some things to go on in my life that should have never taken place and that set me back further than any guy. Sometimes us girls have a desperate faze where we think we would marry almost anyone prince charming or not just to have someone to share life with. Let me tell you...you are not all together wrong. Let me back step for a moment to explain what I mean...
Sometimes early in the morning when I have to be up at the crack of dawn, and my husband is all snuggly safe in bed, I look at him in amazement. He really is my prince charming (even that cliche and corny title sounds too lame for him). He is my everything and I can never ever give him enough love. He is the perfect man for me and he is the person I love the absolute most in the entire world. We currently have no children so I can say that ;) He makes me laugh all of the time just to see me smile. He works even harder at it when he knows Im upset...especially with him. He is an amazing provider and works crazy hours and then comes home and tries to help me sort out all my problems. He proves to me every day that he loves me with his actions. I have never trusted someone with my heart the way that I trust him. This is a miracle. God worked a literal miracle for me to have this good marriage. As I mentioned above my husband was not always this to me. The first time we started dating I became obsessed with him. Mind you this is after coming off of a relationship that should have never ever happened. I don't know how you can fall truly in love with someone as fast as I did with him. Many people will say it wasn't true love yet...maybe it was not, however I believe that for as much as I could at the time I loved him with everything I had. Then he broke my heart and suddenly prince charming was gone. Out of my life for good or so I thought. The love was still there. I didn't fully get over him. Maybe a year or a little more later he came back into my life and I thought OMG another chance to be with him. Life had happened and I wasn't the same girl. By now reality had stepped all over my heart TWICE! But I thought this was my redeeming chance to have the love I wanted. We clicked right away almost picking up where we had left off. The only thing missing was maybe my level of trust and my clear judgment. This time when he walked away from me he left a bigger mess. Never fully being able to get over him from the first time only to have my heart crushed twice by the same person making it a third time that I was left emptied and emotionless by a guy just sent me into a downward spiral. I was older and I knew that there was no way I could ever trust someone ever again. I didn't even try to get into any other serious relationships. I had many flirt buddies and yeah I did get guys attention but it was to fill a void in my life. That's when the people started giving me lines like...the right guy is out there and the one guy for you will come along. Just wait for the perfect man. What a load of bull!!!!!!!!! To make matters worse every time I did think I had moved on he would show up again or randomly text me and just confuse me. I never did not answer him. He was still secretly the love of my life..or not so secretly depending on who you ask. I cared about him more than I cared about myself. I prayed for him every day, multiple times a day. Any time I imagined giving my heart to someone else I would start to panic! Not only did I not want to have to go through another relationship to only be let down but I also held on to a small hope that he would come back. This story has a happy ending. He did come back and he proved himself trustworthy and he fixed the brokenness that he had caused. he is my perfect man and he is my prince charming...but he didn't start off that way.
I said all that to say this: Many men can be the "perfect man" for you. Lets see< if you make a list of things you want in a man, more than one person is going to meet that criteria. So does that mean that there are 10 or more different perfect men for you...yeah it does. I could have probably married some other man who would have treated me amazing and given me a good life and love. I could have learned to love him...I just didn't. I waited for the man I loved...and yes now he is Mr. Perfect but was he always that? No. He is that because I chose him. You cant pick the wrong man and end up with Mr. Runner Up. The man you pick is going to be the perfect one. Don't wait around for some guy with a sign that says he's the one. I don't think they are just gonna come to you. Go work for him! Make it someone that you are completely committed to. My goodness do you think that some guy with a shimmery glow is gonna approach you and that you will know its him? First of all if that happens RUN FAST!!!! He is not human. Secondly don't be a lazy pants princess or you will end up with a schmuck! Be proactive and get a guy that will become your Mr. Perfect.

1 comment:

  1. Loved it!! Good to know that someone else out there understands me and my willingness to make a not so perfect person MY perfect person. Glad everything worked out for you. Love you, sis.

    ReplyDelete