5.06.2013

Happy Monday!


                Ok so I made it through my first full weekend of being healthy and trying to get myself into shape. I would say that Sunday was my worst day because I didn't really get in any real exercise and also I didn't eat super good. I did not eat a ton of junk and I managed to get three meals in but they were not the best. I would not call it a fail but I am not really proud of myself. I did really well on Friday and Saturday so I guess I mostly won this weekend. Saturday I actually busted my butt and so I kinda felt like taking a break on Sunday was not horrible but I still want to eat so good even if I don’t work out. I do not wanna start slipping because that’s when I find myself sitting on the couch with a whole package of cookies and that my friends would be an epic FAIL!!
                        So in the course of one week: My boss gave me a scratch off which I won $5 on and then one of my other bosses bet us office girls that his agency would make so much money and if he lost we each got $50. Well he lost…so yay $50 bucks richer!! Then my boss bought us a place in the Kentucky Derby bet so I picked the horse…he didn't win us anything. Apparently the name “Will Take Charge” does not mean that the horse really will take charge, whatevs! Well all of this happened and on Thursday night I was sitting in church when it hit me…I had a scratch off ticket in my purse and a check for $50 that I won in a bet. I started getting a little twitchy like I am not a gambler and I didn't put my own money into anything but OMG. I usually keep my purse unzipped especially in church because it means easier access and less noise when I need a mint or hand lotion or chapstick. Also I keep my purse on the seat right next to me. I am usually sitting alone in church now and I don’t like people being super close to me. I like to have a seat in between me and someone else unless it’s my husband or sister or someone like that. So there I am in church with my purse next to me all wide opened and showing off my sinner money! Lol now I am not really sure that anyone was even looking at my purse or if the ticket and check were showing but wow! I zipped up that purse so fast I almost pinched my fingers doing it. I must say that on Friday when I was able to go grocery shopping for all of my healthy food and not have to use most of my paycheck I was rather pleased!
                        The last thing I have to say is that I am so impressed with the way God loves us and how even though he doesn't have to he proves it over and over again every single day! There was a small part of this past weekend where I started to feel a little sad and a lot empty. I know that I don’t have to wait until church to get what I need but at the same time I just wanted to be there. So Saturday night I was lying in bed and just thinking God if I can just go to sleep when I wake up I will be going to church and it will be all better. I was trying to pray about certain situations and I guess I was not just trying I was actually doing it but I felt pretty disconnected from it and so out of it. I know it’s my fault; I had been so occupied with other things that I had not been focused on praying. So yes I still prayed and I know that God still heard me, you have to push through the dumb feelings and just know that he is God and he loves you no matter what you feel like. Still as I prayed I also prayed that something would happen Sunday morning, that I wouldn't leave without refreshing and that I wouldn't leave the same. Sunday morning was awesome and it was just what I needed and what everyone needed but I felt like yes! God really loves us and he doesn't want us to walk around feeling empty. He wants us to be full and have the best life and even when it is our fault he wants to help us. I am so impressed with the love. It gives me the hope and faith that I need to wake up every day and be the best me that I can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment